Red to Black Fade

I really like the look of sponged gradients and wanted to have a go at something a bit different.  As the weather is still a bit wintery I have gone for dark colours.  I'll break out the lighter brighter colours once we get a bit of sunshine.

I started with a base of Beauty UK Voodoo over each nail.  I really like this one as it has a lovely golden shimmer which adds an extra dimension to the colour.  Next I used a small piece cut from a make up sponge to apply China Glaze Adventure Red-y about halfway up the nail then sponged China Glaze Liquid Leather on the tip.

I let the polish dry for about 20 minutes then used Barry M Gold Foil Effect to stamp a small image from Gals image plate GA44 across each nail.  This was finished with a coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat to smooth out the colours and add shine.

This was the finished effect:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food