Tri-Polish Challenge Day 4

Day 4 of the tri-polish challenge and time to try out a new technique.


This required a few days planning as I decided to use a dry marbling technique.  I used the chosen polishes (Rimmel Sky High, 17 Tropical Island and NYC Faithful Fuchsia) along with China Glaze Liquid Leather and Barry M Matt White.  

I started by painting a base of Liquid Leather onto a sheet cut from a freezer food bag.  Onto this base I dripped a line of Matt White and various drops of the other polishes.  I swirled the colours together using a cocktail stick then left the polish to dry for a couple of days.

Once dry I peeled the polish off the plastic and cut to a size that would fit on each nail.  I painted a base of Liquid Leather on each nail and carefully placed a piece of the marbled polish onto each nail using a cocktail stick to get the dry polish piece to stick to the wet polish.  After a couple of minutes I covered each nail with a layer of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat.  This helped the dry polish merge with the wet polish and hide the join between the two.  To neaten up the edges I used a cotton bud soaked with nail polish remover to smooth away any dry polish that went over the edge of the nail.

This technique seems to work best either with a whole nail covered with the dry polish strip or a small thin piece of dry polish in the middle of a fresh base coat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food