Happyness Festival Nail Art Tribute

I'm a big fan of stand up comedy so when the Happyness Inverness Comedy Festival started up last year I was there every night.  More information on the festival can be found on their website http://happy-ness.co.uk/ or the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HappynessInvernessComedyFestival?fref=ts
This year I have created some nail art to wear to the festival incorporating the festival logo.
More details after the jump.


This was a lot of fun to create and the colours are based around the promotional material for the festival.

I started with a base of 2 coats of NYC Faithful Fuchsia and when that was dry I used masking tape cut first in strips and then diagonally to create the wedges.  I covered the nails in Collection Go Retro! waited a few minutes then removed the masking tape.  It was a little bit messy, but so worth the effort.

Next I painted my thumb with acrylic paints to create an accent nail.  I chose my thumb instead of my ring finger as it is wider giving me more room to work with and it was easier to position while painting the teeny tiny lines.  I also added a few dots of Barry M Spring Green with a dotting tool which I carried on to the rest of the nails.  This added a bit more interest and helped to cover up any splodges.

I'm very pleased with the result and ready to have myself a good time this weekend.  I hope you all find something enjoyable to do this weekend too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food