American Independence Day

This is a look that was inspired by a couple of Robin Moses designs.


The original designs can be found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkZ8GpukWBE and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dEXyB4WY8

More details after the break.



I used a base of China Glaze Liquid Leather on the fireworks nails and Nina French White for my ring finger.  All the detail is added with acrylic paint.  This was a really interesting take on the standard American Flag so I thought I would give it a go.

I have a notebook full of ideas that I want to share so I'm hoping to have quite a few posts up over the next few days.  I'm even thinking about taking on another nail art challenge to kickstart my creativity.


Comments

  1. So cool!!! How did you make the fireworks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fireworks were done with acrylic paint and a striper brush. I first painted the bursts in white then went over with a light then dark shade of each colour. I added a few final lines in black to add a bit of definition to the design then went over with a very light brush of silver paint to add shimmer. A lot easier to do than it is to explain.

      Delete
  2. your nails look great hun,fab idea.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food