July Tri Polish Challenge Day 2

Whew it has been a busy old week this week and I'm frantically playing catch up.

I loved the look I did for day 2 of this month's tri polish challenge and ended up wearing it for a whole week.

More details after the break.

My chosen polishes for this month's challenge are all Barry M:

Blue: Cyan Blue
Blue: Blueberry Ice Cream
Green: Mint Green

This look created a fish skin look which I really liked (one of those things that looks better than it sounds). This was created using lots of layers of polish and stamping.  I started with a base of Barry M Silver Foil and on top of this I painted a coat of Barry M Mint Green.  Next I splodged on a few dots of Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and covered this with a layer of Nina Super Dry Top Coat to merge the colours.  While I was cleaning up with nail polish remover I lifted a little of the green around the side to expose the silver underneath and this created quite an interesting look.

Once all this had dried I used Pueen plate 25 and Barry M Cyan Blue to stamp the lattice pattern.  I then used the same image and Barry M Silver Foil to stamp over the top of everything but in a slightly different position.  Next I painted on a layer of blue iridescent glitter from Claire's and finally a coat of Nina Super Dry Top Coat to seal everything in.

I think this may be the nail polish equivalent of armour plating, no wonder it lasted a week without chipping.

To see what the other bloggers have created click on a link below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food