Inspired by Robin Moses - Poppies and Lilac

I simplified this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5by8-8m2uM design by Robin Moses to something more on my current level.

More details after the jump.
I couldn't get my fingers to sit straight for these picture so apologies for the weird angles in this one.  The recent cold snap has not done my poor old joints any good.

I did an earlier version of this design, much closer to the original, but it was just before I went away on holiday and I forgot to take any pictures of it.  I really like the colour combination in this design with the gold, red, green and purple.  The base polish is by 17 and called Sphinx. it is a lovely muted gold colour and I can see me using this colour in quite a few different manis.  

The rest of the design is painted with acrylic paint and nail art brushes I have cut down really small.  The first time I created this look I used a stamp with bronze coloured polish for the background and it worked really well.  When I had finished painting the flowers I thought there was something missing from the design and realised it was the subtle detail in the background.  I painted this on with some grey acrylic paint with a touch of red/brown added to tone it down and make it blend into the background better.  Everything is finished off with a coat of Nina Super Dry Top Coat.

To see what the other British Nail Bloggers have been up to this week click on a link below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food