31 Day Challenge 2015 Day 2 - I Tape Mani

I got the inspiration for this design while catching up with the tv series Gotham.  The character played by Jada Pinkett-Smith, Fish Mooney, has black hair with red tips and I really like this mix.



More details after the jump.


I started with a base of Sally Hansen Ton of Bricks and covered this with Color Club Top Coat to protect the polish from the adhesive on the tape.  I have a few reds in my collection but for this look I needed a vibrant blue toned red to get the contrast I was looking for.

When this was dry I added strips of masking tape cut into Vs and applied a thick coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  I removed the masking tape after painting each individual nail, instead of painting them all then removing the tape, as this tends to give the cleanest edges.

I was going to leave it at that but there was just too much black.  This called for a bit of gold glitter and Barry M Jingle Bells, one of the 2014 Christmas Limited Edition polishes for Boots did the job.  This polish does contain some large flakes of red glitter but I took care not to get any of them on this look by applying very sparingly and building up the glitter on each nail.

To see what the other bloggers have created for day 2 of the challenge check out the links below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food