31 Day Challenge 2015 - Day 8 - Monochromatic

I decided to opt for more subtle shades of grey, rather than a sharp black and white contrast for this prompt.  I like to think of this as a rainwashed ombre look.


More details after the jump.



I started with a base of China Glaze White on White and covered this with Nina Superdry topcoat.  Once this had dried I added striping tape in a lattice pattern.

To create the ombre with different shades of grey I used watered down acrylic paint applied to a nail art sponge. I let it dry for a few minutes before peeling the tape off each nail.  To finish off I covered everything in a layer of Nina Superdry topcoat.

To see what the other bloggers have created for this prompt click on a link below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food