31 Day Challenge - Day 12 - Film

I went to see the Tim Burton directed film Big Eyes recently.  This inspired me to try to create this mani for the film prompt.


More details after the jump.



The film stars Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams as Walter and Margaret Keane.  It is about how Walter Keane tried to pass off his wife's phenomenally successful big eyed waif paintings as his own and her fight to have her talents properly recognised and attributed.  I really enjoyed the film and after attempting to paint just one big eye for this mani I have real respect for the talents of Margaret Keane.  There is so much detail in her paintings and texture and depth created with light and shade.

For this look I started with a base of Barry M Mist, one of the Silk range of polishes. I covered this with a coat of Nina Superdry Topcoat.  All the detail painted over this was done with acrylic paint and a fine nail art brush  The colours on the paint palette are all the colours I used to paint the design on my index finger. I covered this with another layer of Nina Superdry Topcoat to smooth out and seal in the design.

To see what the other bloggers have created for this prompt click on the links below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemons for Leukemia

Nail Art for Holi

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Food